What An Amazing Tourist Destination!
Here is a Caribbean destination that is simply perfect - a true tropical paradise – and it offers packages for all budgets.
Which Caribbean country am I talking about?
1. This tourist destination has the most number of international airports in the Caribbean – 7.
2. This country has 28 golf courses designed by top names in the industry.
3. This hot tourist spot has the only subway system in the Caribbean.
4. This country is home to 40 brands of cigars.
5. The country welcomes more tourists than any other Caribbean country.
6. This country boasts sixteen (16) national parks and many lush forests.
7. The country saw nearly a 4% growth in visitors in 2013, compared to 1% elsewhere.
8. This country offers a rich experience of “Old World” meeting “New World.”
9. This country makes up two-thirds of the second largest island in the Caribbean.
Which country is it?
If you said the Dominican Republic, then you are correct. Tourists from North America and Europe continue to flock to this Caribbean paradise year after year.
Will you visit the Dominican Republic?
You Must Give the Dominican Republic a Closer Look!
If you are considering a Caribbean getaway, then you must give the Dominican Republic a closer look.
Most people are familiar with popular Caribbean destinations such as Aruba, the Bahamas, Jamaica and Puerto Rico. While those places still remain hot destinations, the Dominican Republic (D.R.) is now the top place to visit in the Caribbean.
In 2013, nearly 5 million tourists visited the D.R. compared to 2 million going to Jamaica.
What is the great pull in the Dominican Republic? There are several things that make the country so “hot." Visitors can expect to find 1,000 miles of beaches, pristine golf courses, luxury resorts, budget hotels, popular all-inclusive properties, a rich combination of history and modern times, great cuisines, and an active nightlife. Plus, the D.R. has seven international airports servicing the island.
Most of the visitors to the D.R. are from North America (USA and Canada), but there is also a large percentage from Europe.
For those who may be wondering where this country is, the Dominican Republic shares an island with Haiti. The island, Hispaniola, is located southeast of Cuba and not far from the United States. While Haiti has been impoverished for years, her neighbor has seen a little opposite. There is activity everywhere as the tourist industry works to improve roads, amenities, attractions, and top hotel chains erect luxury properties.(However, there is poverty on the island.)
If you haven’t yet done so, put the Dominican Republic on your list of must-go Caribbean vacation spots.
Go have fun!