Fall Is the Perfect Time for Caribbean Cruises
If you are like some people who wonder when they should cruise, you need to hear this: fall is the best time for Caribbean cruises.
If you are like many people who would love to experience one of the biggest passenger ships at sea, but you were turned off by the summer rates, here this: fall is the best time for Caribbean cruises.
If you are like some people who carefully watch how much money they spend on vacation, this is for you: fall is the best time for Caribbean cruises.
If you are like many people who have always wanted to experience a cruise ship vacation, but thought it was too expensive, here this: fall is the best time for Caribbean cruises.
What is so great about cruising to the Caribbean during the fall months? Money. You save on your vacation and can do more.
It is a fact that you will always pay less for an inclusive family cruise to the Caribbean from September through November (excluding Thanksgiving), than you would at any other time. The truth is that most people take a vacation during the summer months.
Consequently, as demand for cruise ship cabins fall the prices fall. It is simple economics.
Another factor which contribute to lower cruise rates is the fact that the Atlantic Hurricane Season runs until November 30th. Many people stay away from the Caribbean during this time of the year, but not everyone.
You should plan to be among the reduced number of people sailing on Caribbean cruises this year or next, because fall is the perfect time for Caribbean cruises.
With more money in your pocket, you can do more things with your cruise vacation. Let us help you plan your fall cruise getaway. Click now to visit us and send a cruise quote request.
Petes Travel Center
Home-Schoolers Cruise In The FallIt is no secret that thousands more families than ever before are home-schooling their children.Homes-schooling offers great flexibility with schedules and therefore I contend that home-schoolers should cruise in the fall.If your children are home-schooled, do not spend more money than you need to in order to cruise during the summer. Simply wait until most children are back in school and then take your family's inclusive cruise vacation.Why do I recommend this? It is quite simple:1. There are fewer people and children cruising in the fall;2. The prices on fall cruises are much better than on summer sailings; and,3. You have a better chance of getting on the cruise ship and with the cruise line you desire.Use your flexibility in scheduling as your biggest advantage and plan your next family getaway. Who knows? You may make your home-schooler cruise in the fall an annual family vacation.Happy sailing!Petes Travel CenterPetesTravel.com
Summer 2016 Vacation Plans - What Are Yours?Our children have been on summer break now for almost two weeks. Incredible! It seemed like just yesterday that they were so jubilant that summer was here and now two weeks have flown by.
For those of you in the northeast or elsewhere, school is still in. But before long, your kids will also be out.
What are your summer 2016 vacation plans?
Yes, summer has arrived for us the South. How about you? How much longer to summer break do you have? And, what plans do you have for your kids?
We normally take a week to get away during summer. This year, that week will be at the end of June. We will be flying to Montego Bay, Jamaica for an all-inclusive resort family getaway.
I must admit that I would prefer to be going on a cruise, but this year we will do something different. If fact, we have already been on a cruise this year (sailed from New Orleans to Cozumel and Progreso in Mexico in February).
The trip to Jamaica promises to be great fun. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Resort, which is quite family-friendly and which recently underwent millions of dollars in renovations. Twelve of us are making this trip and we hope to spend quite a bit of time on the beach, much time enjoying the Jamaican cuisine and we will take a day to check out one or two attractions in Montego Bay or Ocho Rios.
How are the plans going at your house? What are some of the things you normally do? If you have never tried a getaway – a cruise – for example, you should think about it. You can sometimes find last minute cruises at decent rates.
If not a cruise, I hope that you are planning something else. Have you considered a beach trip? How about an all-inclusive resort? You may even do a hike somewhere or visit an amusement park.
With summer upon us, it is time to get some plans for the kids. If you need help, I’ll be happy to assist. You may reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whatever you do, I hope that you will make your summer 2016 vacation plans super. Go have fun!
Peter GrantPetes Travel Center
Exciting Group Cruise Opportunities for 2016Before you know it, the New Year will begin. What family vacation plans have you already made? If you said, "None", then I have some exciting group cruise opportunities for 2016 to share with you.These cruises are with three different cruise lines: Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean International. The cruises are during different months of 2016. One cruise with Carnival is actually a "mission" sailing, giving you a great opportunity to help needy orphans in Cozumel, Mexico. Also, the cruise with Royal Caribbean is aboard the biggest cruise ship at sea, Allure of the Seas.
Sounds like fun to me!
Click on the link for each cruise, check it out, discuss it with your family and return to the link to reserve your cabin.Here are the cruises:1. Cruise Pack Mission Cozumel - Please join us as we bring backpacks with supplies to an orphanage in Cozumel, February 15-20, 2016. You may click here to view the information and reserve your cabin. You have until December 10th to pay only $200 per person to hold a cabin. Final payments must be made by December 15th.
2. End of Winter Princess Cruise - Celebrate the end of winter and ring in spring aboard an exciting cruise ship to the Caribbean. Plan to escape on the beautiful Emerald Princess. This cruise sails from Ft. Lauderdale. To see more information and reserve your cabin, click here.
3. Caribbean Cruise Springathon - How about springtime in the Caribbean? Do so with friends and relatives for sheer fun. Sail with Carnival Paradise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel at really great prices. Click now to view the information and reserve your cabin.
4. Cruisers Only - This one is for cruisers only. If that's you, plan to get away in the middle of spring to the Caribbean. Set sail from Miami to the Turks & Caicos Islands aboard the highly popular Carnival Breeze. Bring some girlfriends along for the ride. Click here to see the information and reserve your cabin.
5. Biggest Ship Getaway - The biggest cruise ship on the high seas is Royal Caribbean's, Allure of the Seas. This ship offers just about everything. Think Central Park, carousel, zipline, aqua-theater and so much more. Now you can plan to sail away on this huge and fun ship in October 2016. Grab some pals and go. Click here to view the information and reserve your cabin now.I hope that one of these exciting group cruise opportunities for 2016 works for you and your family.Remember to go have fun!Peter GrantPetes Travel Center
We Toured Sedona, Arizona On Vacation
One of the highlights of our Arizona vacation was a tour of Sedona. This is actually a well-known city located in hilly terrain not far from Flagstaff.
Before leaving home for Arizona, we checked Groupon for activity deals and found a tour deal costing $57 for four people (local taxes added at the site). The tour was with a company called the Red Rock Magic Trolley.
Our tour started out with a cookie and a bottle of water being given to each rider. There was a driver and guide. They took turns sharing interesting information about Sedona and pointing out points of interests, including amazing rock formations. There was a lizard having lunch from one angle and then lunch was all gone from another angle. Cool!
Some interesting things we learned about Sedona included:
1. The city was named after a lady, who married a man of whom her family did not approve.
2. The city’s population is comprised mainly of people over 50 years old.
3. Sedona goes from fall to spring temperatures, with winter temperatures reaching about 55 degrees.
4. Sedona was once home to a Western town, in which several Westerns were filmed featuring popular stars like John Wayne.
5. Several Hollywood celebrities are said to have homes in Sedona, which is about a day’s drive from Los Angeles.
6. Sedona is home to the Chapel of the Holy Cross, a unique chapel nestled in the hillside and a place where people may stop to pray.
7. Real estate in Sedona is quite expensive.
The city is known for its red rocks and soil. Many people rent jeeps and take rides into the rugged terrain. From observation, it is a well-kept city, quite clean, with authentic foods and other things to enjoy.
Plan to visit, next time you are in Arizona.
Amazing Grand Canyon Vacation
Whenever I think of the Grand Canyon, I can only think of terms such as “amazing”, “impressive”, “incredible!"
My family recently vacationed in Arizona. The main reason for our trip was to visit the Grand Canyon. We had heard all the stories, had seen pictures, but wanted to see the “thing” in person.
We stayed at the Wyndham Flagstaff Resort, which put us about 80 miles from the south rim of the canyon. You might have heard that there is a south and a north rim. The distance from Flagstaff to the north rim was over 200 miles. At first we had planned to visit Utah and then enter the Grand Canyon from the north rim, on our way home. But we changed our plans.
From Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon we headed north on SR89 and then went west on SR64. The trip took us about an hour and half to get to the eastern entrance. The fee to enter is $25, but you can use the pass for seven days at the Grand Canyon or any other national park.
Our first stop inside the canyon was at Desert Point. This turned out to be the only place we noticed with some kind of rail. There was also a tower overlooking the canyon. As you can imagine, we climbed the stairs of the tower (quite exhausting), to get a better view. Amazing!
From the Desert Point, we continued to the “Grand View” and then onto the Marketplace. After grabbing lunch, we boarded a shuttle bus (this service is complimentary) to a transfer point where we were able to ride another bus along the rim. We got out at different points to get photos and waited for the next bus to continue the journey.
The experience was simply fabulous! I could not fathom the vastness and interesting formations of the Grand Canyon. It is said that this was all caused by erosion – maybe some – but I give glory to God for the natural beauty I got a chance to see.
I also learned some interesting facts about the Grand Canyon:
1. It is 277 miles in length, 10 miles across and 1 mile deep.
2. It is bigger than the state of Delaware.
3. The north rim is about 1,000 feet higher than the south rim.
4. The lone river running through the canyon is the Colorado River, which is about 300 feet across.
5. The Grand Canyon Park houses over 1,700 species of plants, 90 species of mammals and 362 species of birds.
I can help your family to experience this kind of unforgettable vacation. Contact me below.
Petes Travel CenterPetesTravel.email@example.com
What An Amazing Tourist Destination!
Here is a Caribbean destination that is simply perfect - a true tropical paradise – and it offers packages for all budgets.
Which Caribbean country am I talking about?
1. This tourist destination has the most number of international airports in the Caribbean – 7.
2. This country has 28 golf courses designed by top names in the industry.
3. This hot tourist spot has the only subway system in the Caribbean.
4. This country is home to 40 brands of cigars.
5. The country welcomes more tourists than any other Caribbean country.
6. This country boasts sixteen (16) national parks and many lush forests.
7. The country saw nearly a 4% growth in visitors in 2013, compared to 1% elsewhere.
8. This country offers a rich experience of “Old World” meeting “New World.”
9. This country makes up two-thirds of the second largest island in the Caribbean.
Which country is it?
If you said the Dominican Republic, then you are correct. Tourists from North America and Europe continue to flock to this Caribbean paradise year after year.
Will you visit the Dominican Republic?
All-Inclusive Resorts: Club Riu Ocho Rios – Jamaica
The next best vacation to a cruise getaway is an all-inclusive resort getaway. If you are considering a family vacation this fall or next summer, consider the Club Riu Ocho Rios Resort in Jamaica.
This resort is all-inclusive, which means you pay one price and get all your meals, accommodations, amenities and some entertainment included.
The Riu Ocho Rios is a 40-minute drive from the nearest airport (Montego Bay International Airport), but it is worth your time. Most of the past guests of this resort recommend it as a place to be and give it an “Excellent” or “Very Good” rating.
TripAdvisor ranks it 12th out of 39 hotels in the Ocho Rios area.
I strongly believe that your family will enjoy its stay at this all-inclusive property. Go have fun and share your experience.
You may check for amazing resort rates at: FunJet Vacations.
You Must Give the Dominican Republic a Closer Look!
If you are considering a Caribbean getaway, then you must give the Dominican Republic a closer look.
Most people are familiar with popular Caribbean destinations such as Aruba, the Bahamas, Jamaica and Puerto Rico. While those places still remain hot destinations, the Dominican Republic (D.R.) is now the top place to visit in the Caribbean.
In 2013, nearly 5 million tourists visited the D.R. compared to 2 million going to Jamaica.
What is the great pull in the Dominican Republic? There are several things that make the country so “hot." Visitors can expect to find 1,000 miles of beaches, pristine golf courses, luxury resorts, budget hotels, popular all-inclusive properties, a rich combination of history and modern times, great cuisines, and an active nightlife. Plus, the D.R. has seven international airports servicing the island.
Most of the visitors to the D.R. are from North America (USA and Canada), but there is also a large percentage from Europe.
For those who may be wondering where this country is, the Dominican Republic shares an island with Haiti. The island, Hispaniola, is located southeast of Cuba and not far from the United States. While Haiti has been impoverished for years, her neighbor has seen a little opposite. There is activity everywhere as the tourist industry works to improve roads, amenities, attractions, and top hotel chains erect luxury properties.(However, there is poverty on the island.)
If you haven’t yet done so, put the Dominican Republic on your list of must-go Caribbean vacation spots.
Go have fun!
Carnival Cruise Line’s Age Policy Easier for Cruising Minors
Carnival Cruise Line does not have the biggest cruise ships on the high seas, but its Fun Ships are packed with excitement and its prices are usually the best.
Now, Carnival goes a step further and makes changes to its age policy on cruising minors. The following are some things to note. For additional information, see your Travel Agent.
1. Guests must be 21 to travel alone, with some exceptions. These exceptions include married couples younger than 21 years old and military personnel. See an agent for more info.
2. Previously, guests under 21 had to travel with a relative or legal guardian 25 or older. Now, guests not yet 21 can travel with a guardian who is not related. At the time of booking, the cabins must be linked. See your agent for more information.
3. Previously, most minors under 21 had to room with parents, across the hall, or in a cabin next door. Now, only minors 12 and under must be across the hall or next door. Guests 18 – 20 may be anywhere on the ship, while 12 to 17 may be up to 3 cabins away.
It is encouraging that Carnival has added greater flexibility to how parents/guardians and their children may be situated on their ships. Before you book, get all the facts on the age requirements.
One key thing to note for those minors traveling without a legal guardian or relative, the guardian on the ship is urged to travel with an originally signed letter from the parent/guardian giving the minor permission to travel.
Go have fun!