If you have several family members and close friends who are like family, one of the best types of family getaways is a group cruise vacation.
It is simply more fun when you have many people with whom to share those exciting moments and make those lasting memories.
In addition, there are some benefits for planning a group cruise vacation. Let us look at some of these benefits, but first see some important things to know about planning this type of family getaway.
Things to Know About Group Cruises
1. You will need to have at least 16 people in 8 cabins (2 per cabin), for the cruise line to call it a group.
2. The earlier you have the group booking set up, the better your chances at getting the lowest possible rates.
3. It is advantageous to have one person - a travel professional - pull all the pieces together for your group cruise.
Benefits of Booking a Group Cruise Vacation
1. You will be able to make installment payments.
2. You will be able to secure incentives such as onboard credit, a cocktail party, or a bottle of wine per guest.
3. You have the chance of reserving a lounge or conference room for any kind of special function you have planned.
4. Your group leader will only pay about half of the cruise price that the others pay.
Now that you know a little more about planning a family cruise getaway, call up those family members and close friends, set a date range and contact a travel professional to help you plan your group cruise vacation.
I guarantee that you will have make a splash at sea. See you on the high seas!