Believe it or not, it is April and before you know it, summer will be here.
Have you booked your summer vacation yet? If you haven’t, then you need to get to it.
Most people take their annual vacation during the summer. Hence, prices are at their highest during the summer months. Cruises, airfares, resorts, and vacation rentals all experience price hikes during this time of year. The best way to beat this is with good planning.
It may be a little late for some things but you may still get lucky, especially with a last minute cruise deal.
Here are some helpful tips about booking summer vacations:
1. If you are traveling overseas, book your airfare three (3) months or earlier before your desired departure date.
2. If you are flying domestic, book your airfare about 6 – 8 weeks out.
3. If your plans involve a hotel/resort and flying, always seek for a combo package. It will save you money.
4. As much as is possible, avoid booking a vacation that includes Memorial Day or Independence Day. If you must travel during those times, prepare to spend a little extra.
5. If you are booking a cruise for summer, you should do that now.
6. If you live in the northeast or elsewhere schools re-open after Labor Day, look for a cruise package for late August. The deals then can be super!
7. Save! Save! Save!
I really hope that you are able to take the family away this summer. Go have fun!
If you need any help with vacation planning, I’ll be delighted and honored to help. Reach me at email@example.com.
Have you booked your summer vacation yet? Get to it!